Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Christmas Poem for Bereaved Parents

My First Christmas in Heaven I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below.
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars reflecting on the snow,
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe that tear,
For I am spending Christmaswith JESUS CHRIST this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear,
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here,
I have no words to tell you of the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart,
But I'm not so far away, we really aren't apart,
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you near,
And be glad that I am spending Christmas with JESUS CHRIST this year.

I send you each a special gift from my heavenly home above,
I send you each a memory of my undying love,
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold,
It was always important in the stories Jesus told,
Please love and keep each other as my father said to do,
For I can count the blessings of love He has for you.

So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember I'm spending Christmas with JESUS CHRIST this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment